Kururrungku Catholic School
Vision & Mission
Kururrungku Catholic Education Centre provides a loving environment where the Catholic Faith is valued and promoted and where its primary focus is Jesus Christ. Jesus is the centre of our daily life and provides the nourishment we all require to be good and valuable people.
Our Education Centre aims to:
- promote the development of each person – spiritual, academic, emotional, social and physical so that each child can become an active participant in not only Billiluna Station, but in all spectrums of society. It is a place where each person shall recognise and respect the dignity and rights of self and others.
- Create an environment which will motivate a desire for knowledge, understanding and a love of truth.
- Challenge and encourage children to widen their range of interests beyond Billiluna Station and extend their own abilities for the good of all the people they come into daily contact with.
In this environment of understanding, acceptance and happiness each child can grow to personal and social maturity whist aiming towards making a worthwhile contribution to society.
Kururrungku Catholic Education Centre strives to:
- foster and strengthen the students love and knowledge of Jesus and his way of living;
- offer the best education that incorporates Aboriginal and school way learning to develop each individual’s unique potential;
- create an atmosphere of openness and acceptance that promotes happiness and self-respect;
- promote empowerment that enriches the students and community and enables them to become contributing members of their own and wider society;
- foster self-esteem and pride in the Aboriginal culture of the school and community;
- listen and respond to community wishes;
- create an atmosphere that invites and values community involvement;
- maintain close consultation with the community regarding decision-making.
Copyright © 2018 Kururrungku Catholic School. All Rights Reserved.
Website Design & Maintenance by Chameleon Logic